Re: [p2-dev] newbie committer question

I also found John's comments to be a good summary worth posting somewhere more general...
And at the risk of going wildly off topic...

>A professor at Queens pointed me to a study that showed the majority of Eclipse bugs are introduced on Friday, and the researchers chalked it up to "Developers are >tired on Fridays", where as Mondays saw very few bugs.  I imagine this phenomenon is more likely related to Eclipse build schedule.

Is there a link to this study? I can't imagine that they could really know when the bugs were introduced, did they actually follow the fix and determine the breaking code was changed on a Friday? Or are they referring to when the bug was opened? Maybe developers just do more testing on Fridays? If it's when a bug was opened, I'd expect Tuesdays (milestone test days) to show up, too...

ok, back to p2.

susan

Back to the top