Re: [p2-dev] bundle pool vs. org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache

Yes, they are the same thing. More specifically the cache property specifies the location of an artifact repository that is the bundle pool. In our usual eclipse case this means there is an artifacts.xml file at that location, and sub-directories for plugins, features, etc, as necessary.

John

Jacek Pospychała <Jacek.Pospychala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/16/2009 06:20 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] bundle pool vs. org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache

hi,
is bundle pool and org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache the same being, or two
separate concepts?
I'm asking because I see some products configurations where bundlepool
is one directory (c:\Program Files\ABC) and cache is some other
directory (c:\Program Files\ABC\plugins).
In the end bundles from both locations are getting installed, but I
can't get how p2 finds them out.