Re: [p2-dev] "Top" IU?

Are you able to write an Ant task and call it? If so, the easiest thing to do would be to query for all IUs with the root property.

The logic for figuring out what to install in the dropins is in ProfileSynchronizer#createProfileChangeRequest. But it might not be what you want... it queries all IUs and tries to install everything. (optionally)