[p2-dev] Question about artifact mirroring

Let's assume that I have a remote repository that contains two descriptors per artifact key, one optimized (pack200) and one canonical. I want to mirror this repository to another that later also will be deployed as a remote repository. How do I create a mirror that contains both the optimized and the canonical files? Copying both from a remote location using a RawMirrorRequest doesn't seem very optimal and using a standard MirrorRequest will transfer the optimized version but only store the canonical.

What I would like the mirror request to do is:
1. Copy the optimized version over the wire.
2. Store the optimized version verbatim.
3. Recreate the canonical version from the optimized one and store that too.

Has this use-case been considered?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top