Re: [p2-dev] installing bundle fragments

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
This is the expected behaviour in 3.4 and 3.5.

Does this mean you expect this to change in 3.6?

The problem with having the IU for the host bundle expressing a requirement on an IU providing a " "fragment of host" capability" is that at install time this can result in additional things to be installed and that are not necessarily desired since you would pull in thing blindly. That said, in the particular case of SWT, given that the host is useless since it is empty (no API there and all the code being in the fragment) having the IU for the host express a requirement on a "org.eclipse.swt.fragment" capability and have every fragment provide it could do the work. Feel free to open a bug against SWT to that extent.

SWT bundle/fragments apart, what is the recommended way of installing desired fragments with P2? Bundle fragments are a common place but the only way to install them appears to be explicitly listing them in group IUs. How do you include ECF SSL fragments in P2 application, for example? Or maybe you can suggest another example I can look at.

Igor

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Igor Fedorenko ---04/07/2009 03:43:16 PM---Hello, I was under impression that P2 is expected to find Igor Fedorenko ---04/07/2009 03:43:16 PM---Hello, I was under impression that P2 is expected to find and install any