Re: [p2-dev] p2 Engine

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the info. Question: Where in the engine commit should the new bundles (those in IU) be detected/added as needing to be written to the bundles.info?
Thanks,

Scott

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

For bundles to be installed in OSGi, a CU indicating to do so needs to be attached to the IU representing the bundle. Most of the time, the tooling.osgi.bundle.default CU is all you need since it just installs a bundle at start level 4 and does not start it. This attachment is represented by a ResolvedIU which has the original IU and the additional fragments. Note that normally the planned returned by the director will contain the proper attachment if of course the CUs had been passed to it. Also you should be able to find an example of this in Jeff's code presented in the Runtime Revolution talk where the director remotely talks to the engine.

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---03/30/2009 03:13:26 AM---I've been sending an IU and invoking the p2 engine from an exScott Lewis ---03/30/2009 03:13:26 AM---I've been sending an IU and invoking the p2 engine from an external process, in order to install IU