Re: [p2-dev] 3.5 M5 migration issue

Hi Helmut,

Can you please open a bug for this proxy problem within Platform/Team to track this.

Tschüß,
Stefan

Haigermoser, Helmut wrote:
Thanks Ian :)
Sounds like I should try to get more code into the query class! :)
Back in 3.4 I considered queries to be merely match queries and
collectors the ones where I could look at the resulting set of matching
IUs and filter that set to my wishes, looks like this concept is not the
right one to move forward so I'll adapt. You guys adapted as well
(LatestIUVersionCollector was removed, guess that logic is in a query
now..) so there is examples I can start with :)

Yeah, URL->URI, that's easy, a bit frustrating to run into some
exceptions if URL.toURI is used with platform-returned URLS but quickly
fixed by using the URIUtils :) My real problem there is that I heavily
used the MetadataRepositories class as input for views, a class that was
heavily reworked and can't be used the way I used to, it's queryable
now, where it was a simple container of URL(or URI)s. I'll adapt here as
well.. :)

That native deadlock is my biggest problem right now, I'm wondering if
anybody else saw this?
Thread [Thread-11] (Suspended)
        UnixProxyProvider.getGConfProxyInfo(String) line: not available
[native method]
        ProxyProvider(UnixProxyProvider).getSystemProxyInfo(String)
line: 166
        ProxyProvider(UnixProxyProvider).getProxyForTypes(String[])
line: 69
        ProxyProvider(UnixProxyProvider).getProxyData() line: 62
        ProxyManager.getNativeProxyData() line: 182
        ProxySelector.getProxyData(String) line: 66
        ProxyType.getProxyData(String) line: 426
        ProxyType.updateHttpSystemProperties() line: 382
        ProxyType.updateSystemProperties(IProxyData) line: 211
        ProxyType.initialize() line: 509
        ProxyManager.initialize() line: 281
        Activator.start(BundleContext) line: 179
        BundleContextImpl$1.run() line: 807
        AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>)
line: not available [native method]
        BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleActivator) line: 798
        BundleContextImpl.start() line: 779
        BundleHost.startWorker(int) line: 352
        BundleHost(AbstractBundle).start(int) line: 280
        SecureAction.start(Bundle, int) line: 408
        EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(String, Class,
ClasspathManager) line: 111
        ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(String) line: 447
        DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(String) line: 194
        BundleLoader.findLocalClass(String) line: 376
        SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(String) line: 33
        BundleLoader.findClassInternal(String, boolean, ClassLoader)
line: 440
        BundleLoader.findClass(String, boolean) line: 405
        BundleLoader.findClass(String) line: 393
        DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: 88
        DefaultClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: 251
        DefaultClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClassInternal(String) line:
319
        Class<T>.forName0(String, boolean, ClassLoader) line: not
available [native method]
        Class<T>.forName(String) line: 169
        Activator.getProxyService() line: 163

UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer).setupPro
xies() line: 844

UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer).sendRetr
ieveRequest(IFileID, IFileRangeSpecification, IFileTransferListener,
Map) line: 776

UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer).sendRetr
ieveRequest(IFileID, IFileTransferListener, Map) line: 477
        MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(IFileID,
IFileTransferListener, Map) line: 95
        ECFTransport.transfer(IRetrieveFileTransferContainerAdapter,
String, OutputStream, IConnectContext, IProgressMonitor) line: 215
        ECFTransport.performDownload(String, OutputStream,
IConnectContext, IProgressMonitor) line: 164
        ECFTransport.download(String, OutputStream, IProgressMonitor)
line: 144
        SimpleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(IArtifactDescriptor,
URI, OutputStream, IProgressMonitor) line: 463
        SimpleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(IArtifactDescriptor,
OutputStream, IProgressMonitor) line: 446
        SimpleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(IArtifactDescriptor,
OutputStream, IProgressMonitor) line: 513
        WRInstallAction.execute(Map) line: 45
        ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(Map) line: 33
        Install(Phase).mainPerform(MultiStatus, EngineSession, IProfile,
Operand[], ProvisioningContext, SubMonitor) line: 116
        Install(Phase).perform(MultiStatus, EngineSession, IProfile,
Operand[], ProvisioningContext, IProgressMonitor) line: 62
        InstallerThread$WRPhaseSet(PhaseSet).perform(ActionManager,
EngineSession, IProfile, Operand[], ProvisioningContext,
IProgressMonitor) line: 44
        Engine.perform(IProfile, PhaseSet, Operand[],
ProvisioningContext, IProgressMonitor) line: 51
        InstallerThread.run() line: 162

TIA,
Ciao, hh