Re: [p2-dev] Capabilities / Requirements in p2.inf

p2.inf (or advice file) processing is done for product, feature, and bundle publisher actions.
We could look at allowing replacement or tweaking of an existing requirement. Taking a quick look I wondered how we match the identity of a requirement. e.g. which fields would be sufficient to let us assume we're tweaking.
I'll open a bug tomorrow and we can talk further there.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault---03/09/2009 11:25:01 PM---Unfortunately it will not be enough because I want to twePascal Rapicault---03/09/2009 11:25:01 PM---Unfortunately it will not be enough because I want to tweak a requirement generated from an import package.

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/09/2009 11:25 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Capabilities / Requirements in p2.inf

Unfortunately it will not be enough because I want to tweak a requirement generated from an import package.
Also is the p2.inf honored for by the FeatureAction?

Inactive hide details for Simon Kaegi---03/08/2009 11:24:14 PM---The support let's you add new capabilities,properties and requSimon Kaegi---03/08/2009 11:24:14 PM---The support let's you add new capabilities,properties and requirements but does not support removal

Simon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

03/08/2009 11:24 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Capabilities / Requirements in p2.inf

The support let's you add new capabilities,properties and requirements but does not support removal or overwriting of these things.
What we have in place currently should support what you want to do.

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault---03/08/2009 10:59:35 PM---Recently, support to be able to describe a complete IU thPascal Rapicault---03/08/2009 10:59:35 PM---Recently, support to be able to describe a complete IU through the p2.inf has been added. However can this support also be used

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/08/2009 10:59 PM

[p2-dev] Capabilities / Requirements in p2.inf

Recently, support to be able to describe a complete IU through the p2.inf has been added. However can this support also be used to:
- add a capability or a requirement to an IU being generated when the p2.inf is in a bundle for example?
- overwrite a capability or a requirement to an IU being generated?

For example I have a case where I would want an optional dependency to be marked as non greedy.

PaScaL