Re: [p2-dev] Metadata- and ArtifactRepository extensions.

>From 3.4 to 3.5 a number of interfaces were created to make things more consistent (now you have an ILicense instead of a License).  There are a few other changes around p2.

I documented the experience I had migrating a p2 (3.4) based application to 3.5 here:
http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/02/05/updating-p2-to-35/

cheers,
ian

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Haigermoser, Helmut <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi @ll :)
We implemented our own repos based on the 3.4 provisional API, these are great to expand and work as expected...

Looking at all the 3.5 changes we are looking forward to those provisionals becoming stable API, however, the repo API in particular seems to be stable and solid since it was crafted, some changes seem to have been necessary in 3.5 to add flags and change URLs to URIs but adapting to that is peanuts from an enhancer perspective...

HTH,
Ciao, hh

-----Original Message-----
From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Lindberg
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 12:37 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Metadata- and ArtifactRepository extensions.

Hi, p2 does not have an official API yet, so anything you use may have to change.
As you probably have seen packages are named "internal", and "internal.provisional" - the "provisional" packages constitutes the candidate API.
As focus has not been on API and how to extend things using these APIs there may be too many restrictions, or things you need may be missing.

So, no official API, and very little documentation. You just need to take a leap and get your hands dirty (to mix metaphors :) )

Henrik Lindberg
henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx