Re: [p2-dev] P2: wich IUs to install?

You could like use the slicer for this.

Something like this:
PermissiveSlicer slicer = new PermissiveSlicer(getCompositeMetadataRepository(), slicingOptions.getFilter(), slicingOptions.includeOptionalDependencies(), slicingOptions.isEverythingGreedy(), slicingOptions.forceFilterTo(), slicingOptions.considerStrictDependencyOnly());

return slicer.slice((IInstallableUnit[]) sourceIUs.toArray(new IInstallableUnit[sourceIUs.size()]), monitor);

In this case you are creating a permissive slicer and then querying it for the "slice" given a set of root (or source in this case) IUs.

Checkout the mirror application in repository tools (it is very new), it does this.

cheers,
ian