Re: [p2-dev] Where to place ECF/p2 error translation/messages

If we introduce a new bundle, I suggest something like org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository. Much of the common repository code (AbstractRepository, AbstractRepositoryManager, IRepository, etc), has steadily migrated into our lowest level bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core. This has pulled in extra dependencies onto core that are only needed by repositories (such as preferences). Having a base repository bundle would allow us to move all the common repository bits, including ECFTransport, into one place, and remove the extra weight from the core bundle.

Unrelated to that, it is a bit of a bummer that we're building such a tight dependency on  HTTP response codes in particular, since the theoretical advantage of ECF was that it provided protocol independence. Will ECF use the same error codes for other protocols (such as file)?

John

Henrik Lindberg <henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/02/2009 06:51 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [p2-dev] Where to place ECF/p2 error translation/messages

There are actually three locations !!
There is an ECFTransport in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatesite as well.