Re: [p2-dev] Fragments requiredCapability to the 'bundle'

This allows for sharing of configuration information among several bundles. For example this is how we are installing all the bundles and providing them a default start level without everyone having to write boiler plate configuration or having on configuration unit per bundle.
The "greed" flag on a requirement is here to solve the problem you are experiencing

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---02/25/2009 12:21:47 PM---Hi, We recently discovered that a lot of fragments expresThomas Hallgren ---02/25/2009 12:21:47 PM---Hi, We recently discovered that a lot of fragments express an explicit

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

02/25/2009 12:21 PM

[p2-dev] Fragments requiredCapability to the 'bundle'

Hi,
We recently discovered that a lot of fragments express an explicit
requirement to the 'bundle' capability and that all osgi.bundles
provides this capability.

This creates a problem for us because we're generating the
MetadataRepository based on a top group of things to install. We do that
by adding all IU's that fulfill at least one required capability
irrespective of versions. This approach breaks when a fragment requires
the 'bundle' capability since we then must add every single bundle in
the database to the MDR to be absolutely sure that nothing is missing.

I'm not sure I understand the thought behind the 'bundle' requirement.
It's like saying that the fragment is happy as long as any bundle is
present. Still, that information appears to be redundant since the
fragment already has a special HostRequirement. Can someone please
explain the thoughts behind this? I need to know in order to come up
with a better scheme for how to limit the set of IU's to include.

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren