Re: [equinox-dev] Re: [p2-dev] Equinox P2 executable updates

If you are suggesting that your features and plug-ins are delivered through an MSI installer and you want them to be picked up, this is not supported out of the box because this would not cause the cause the p2 metadata to be updated.
p2 has its own mechanism to deliver files and get additional metadata updated.

HTH

Inactive hide details for Prodan Daniela ---02/18/2009 12:09:49 PM---Hello, How does P2 handles the updates that are .exe filesProdan Daniela ---02/18/2009 12:09:49 PM---Hello, How does P2 handles the updates that are .exe files: for example, an update

Prodan Daniela <daniela.prodan@xxxxxxxxx>

P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/18/2009 12:09 PM

[equinox-dev] Re: [p2-dev] Equinox P2 executable updates

Hello,

How does P2 handles the updates that are .exe files: for example, an update for a feature from the Eclipse-based product can be found on a certain site and the file is MCF52277Support_Update.exe (msi compliant). P2 installs MCF52277Support_Update.exe in background, in the command line? Or just starts the process for this update and the user can continue the installation of this patch using the graphic interface of this msi-compliant update?

Sorry for my trivial questions, but I've just started to learn about the P2 updater.

Thank you,
Daniela

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
equinox-dev mailing list