Re: [p2-dev] How to build the 3.4.2 release?

/opt/eclipse-agent/eclipse/eclipse
-nosplash
-configuration "/tmp/p2_eclipse.C20343"
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
-profile SDKProfile
-destination "/usr/local/google/users/tparker/profiles/test"
-bundlepool /usr/local/google/eclipseBundlePool
-metadataRepository
file:///home/build/static/projects/eclipse/repos/eclipse.org/3.4.x/releases
-artifactRepository
file:///home/build/static/projects/eclipse/repos/eclipse.org/3.4.x/releases
-installIU org.eclipse.sdk.ide
-version 3.4.0.M20080911-1700
-p2.os linux
-p2.ws gtk
-p2.arch x86
-vmargs -Declipse.p2.data.area="/usr/local/google/users/tparker/profiles/test/p2"

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Pascal Rapicault
<Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> using the director app to create a new installation with a bundl
>

> From:
> Terry Parker <tparker@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To:
> P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:
> 02/13/2009 08:50 PM
> Re: [p2-dev] How to build the 3.4.2 release?
> ________________________________
>

> The crux of my problem is that when using the director app to create a
> new installation with a bundle pool, the eclipse.ini file looks like
> this:
>
> -startup
> ../../../../eclipseBundlePool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
> --launcher.library
> ../../../../eclipseBundlePool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080805
> -showsplash
> org.eclipse.platform
> --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
> 256m
> -install
> /usr/local/google/users/tparker/profiles/test
> -vmargs
> -Xms40m
> -Xmx256m
>
> The config.ini osgi.framework line is:
> osgi.framework=file\:../../../../eclipseBundlePool/plugins/..."
>
> When I run this installation and use the p2 UI to install/uninstall
> software, the EquinoxFwConfigFileParser.getOSGiInstallArea() function
> uses the "-startup" parameter as the base for doing
> relative<->absolute path translations on the osgi.framework property,
> which is the wrong root.  It results in various kinds of corruption.
>
> The EquinoxFwConfigFileParser hasn't changed at head, so this seems
> like a current bug (altough I haven't tested yet).  It is kind of
> curious that  the function called getOSGiInstallArea() is using the
> "-startup" parameter when there is a correct "-install" parameter in
> the eclipse.ini file it could be using instead.  But in my testing,
> replacing the parameter used still resulted in corruption.
>
> --Terry Parker
>

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Terry Parker <tparker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Interesting.  The top level "eclipse" name can be changed.  I am
>> simply trying to use a bundle pool and group the profiles and bundle
>> pool as peers in a known location for our users.  I'll experiment with
>> how things work when the parent folder of the profiles is named
>> something other than "eclipse".
>>
>> --Terry
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Pascal Rapicault
>> <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> In this case because bundle_pool is under eclipse, the bundles.info which
>>> assume is located under profile1 or something like that will end up
>>> having
>>> relative paths.
>>> Could you tell more about what it is you are trying to do?
>>>
>>> Terry Parker ---02/11/2009 03:05:46 PM---Thanks for the information. My

>>> p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Date:
>>> 02/11/2009 03:05 PM
>>> Subject: