Re: [p2-dev] Generating Configuration Units for reuse

Thx again for the discussion and thanks for the recap.
Andrew, could you please open bug reports for all the things that are not yet supported?
Thx

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Andrew Niefer---02/10/2009 07:39:36 PM---Today the equinox call turned into a 3 hour discussion arounAndrew Niefer---02/10/2009 07:39:36 PM---Today the equinox call turned into a 3 hour discussion around how we should be generating CUs to co

Andrew Niefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

02/10/2009 07:39 PM

[p2-dev] Generating Configuration Units for reuse

Today the equinox call turned into a 3 hour discussion around how we should be generating CUs to configure products. The general problem is one of reuse: How does the SDK generate CUs so that produts that extend the SDK can easily configure it at the same time.

I think we managed to come to a general agreement on how to proceed, and I have created a wiki page with what I think is the general outline. There are still details that need to be ironed out.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/GeneratingCUs

Please update and comment as appropriate.

p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx