Re: [p2-dev] Platform agnostic profile

I want to create a target platform (or product) that can be used cross-platform. I'm not sure how massaging repositories can make that happen. Is the PDE build removing platform constraints from the IU's before installing them?

- thomas

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

In M5 we have released support for PDE build to use as a target p2 repos and also fetch from p2 repos. These repos are massaged by PDE to make the plug-in available in a "compilable" form. This is probably what you are looking for.

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---02/10/2009 09:46:08 AM---I need it to create a target platform that can be used foThomas Hallgren ---02/10/2009 09:46:08 AM---I need it to create a target platform that can be used for building products that can run on all pla

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

02/10/2009 09:46 AM

Re: [p2-dev] Platform agnostic profile

I need it to create a target platform that can be used for building products that can run on all platforms. It is essential to us (and everyone else that creates similar products) that the platform based discrimination is performed by OSGi at runtime and not at install time.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
      It is not possible to create such a profile. This would require changes into the slicer to ignore the filters (should be straightforward) but the hardest part would be in defining what is a valid solution since there could be several singletons that would need to be enabled.
      What would you use this profile for?

      Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---02/10/2009 09:28:16 AM---I would like to create a platform agnostic profile. I.e. Thomas Hallgren ---02/10/2009 09:28:16 AM---I would like to create a platform agnostic profile. I.e. a profile that would accept IU's regardles

      Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

      02/10/2009 09:28 AM

      [p2-dev] Platform agnostic profile

      I would like to create a platform agnostic profile. I.e. a profile that
      would accept IU's regardless of platform filters. The analogy (which I
      think is impossible at present) would be to describe the current
      delta-pack as a feature and install it so that all it's bundles are
      installed.

      Is it possible to create such a profile? Can the PROP_ENVIRONMENT accept
      wildcards?

      Regards,
      Thomas Hallgren