Re: [p2-dev] Product publishing

Is it possible the director installed it somewhere unexpected?  I had the impression that if the bundle pool was not set it maybe ended up under the users home directory somewhere?

-Andrew

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/03/2009 03:07 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] Product publishing

I have been working on the publishing of products and I have hit a snag. (bug 260066)

I am trying to publish the org.eclipse.sdk.ide product (for which there is no .product file). I have:

- A publish features action (for the features in the sdk)
- A publish bundles action (for the bundles in the sdk)
- A publish features action (for the features in the delta pack)
- A publish bundles action (for the bundles in the delta pack)
- A publish jre action (for all the package dependencies on the jre)
- Product file advice (for the name of the product, launcher name, etc...)
The produce file advice has the following features:
org.eclipse.sdk
org.eclipse.equinox.executable

I can publish to the repos, however, when I go to install (using the director), I get nothing.

The director runs for a good 3 minutes, with lots of disk IO, and everything resolves fine, however,
no directories are created.

Any thoughts on how I can begin to debug this? Am I just missing something in my product IU.

Cheers,
Ian

--
R. Ian Bull, PhD