Re: [p2-dev] Transaction question / issue

re: use prepare for heavy lifting instead of commit
Yes, that's the goal (and I'm excited you're picking up all this - much appreciated).The problem is that we don't have decent mechanisms in place to pre-backup and then restore our state in Framework Admin. Still go ahead with Native as we have to start somewhere.

re:Backupstore
Yes, definitely usable in lots of places. For now I'd stick to small and focused as we can always move it around after.

Inactive hide details for Henrik Lindberg ---01/28/2009 05:53:30 PM---One more thing - I noticed that neither EclipseTouchpointHenrik Lindberg ---01/28/2009 05:53:30 PM---One more thing - I noticed that neither EclipseTouchpoint nor NativeTouchpoint makes use of the prepare() call. Instead, the Ec

Henrik Lindberg <henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/28/2009 05:53 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Transaction question / issue

One more thing - I noticed that neither EclipseTouchpoint nor NativeTouchpoint makes use of the prepare() call.
Instead, the EclipseTouchpoint performs all writing in commit().

Shouldn't it do a check that it can write the data on prepare()? I.e leave as few as possible causes for an error to occur when committing?
With the current implementation - one of the touchpoints may commit and the other fail.