Re: [p2-dev] User defined metadata

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Laidlaw, Don <don.laidlaw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Today we build a repository by creating features and products in eclipse and
> using the export wizards to export a repository. I was wondering if it is
> possible to add additional user-defined metadata to be included in the IU's
> so that we can query the IU's by that metadata. For example, we create
> components and represent them as features, but in our UI we do not want a
> huge list of components that can be installed, instead we would like to
> categorize those components by some of our internally used category names.
> An example for an ESB could be a component of type Adapter, or Endpoint, or
> Channel, for instance.

I'm interested in this as well.  In the e4 build we added a post-build
step that removes the auto-generated master feature Category (which is
not installable) and uses XSLT on the content.xml to add the 4 or 5
categories we use with their contained features.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR