[p2-dev] Eclipse 3.4.1 install with no external repositories still tries to go outside the firewall

Hi Folks,

I have been experimenting with ways of keeping a 3.4 install contained within my corporate firewall. Here is what I have done:

* Removed references to external sites from the P2 UI. Only has reference to internal sites (mirrors and some containing prop tech)
* Removed external references from all internal update site metadata (content.xml/repository/references element removed)
* Removed external references from all features in the mirrors using a script that stripped the feature.xml/feature/url element from all feature.xml files in the sites
* Removed external references from all features in the install using a script that stripped the feature.xml/feature/url element from all feature.xml files in the install

Anywhere I could find an external reference I have removed it and yet, when I run an install from one of my internal mirrors, I see this error again and again as P2 tries to connect to an external resource. Does anyone know where P2 is obtaining this URI?

Thanks,

Miles

---

Error processing mirrors URL: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/releases/ganymede/&format=xml&protocol=http&countryCode=gb&timeZone=0&responseType=xml
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:837)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:778)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:703)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1026)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:677)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:186)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:225)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:283)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorSelector.computeMirrors(MirrorSelector.java:133)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorSelector.initMirrors(MirrorSelector.java:200)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorSelector.selectMirror(MirrorSelector.java:250)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorSelector.getMirrorLocation(MirrorSelector.java:178)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.getMirror(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:491)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:515)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:162)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:146)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:94)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.DownloadJob.run(DownloadJob.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | IDEAS PRACTICE AREAS
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 01
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5119
Fax: +44 20 7056-4572
Miles.Daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx