From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daffin, Miles (IT)
Sent: 15 January 2009 14:52
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: [p2-dev] RE: Metadata generator app creates metadata that causes IUinstallation to fail

If anyone has read this message and you need more information I will happily provide it.

As a workaround I tried copying the mirrored metadata (which works - allows me to install Apache Ivy and Apache IvyDE) into the build directory. I then ran the metadata generator over the result in append mode hoping that it would merely add metadata to the initial set. Unfortunately it rewrote the sections on the Apache IUs and resulted in metadata that caused installation of the Apache Ivy IU to fail.

Thanks.

Miles