Re: [p2-dev] approaches to Install Handlers

re:Do you mean the "action capability"?

Yes. Here's a quick description of what I'd like to try.
When engine.validate is called in a situation where we don't have all the necessary actions installed a MissingActionException will be thrown that can be introspected for the missing action ids and version ranges.
Using this info I'll create the RequiredCapabilities for the actions and place them in a dummy IU. I'll then add this IU to the "self" profile and then use the planner to get something I can use with Engine.perform to add the new actions to the install.
After this has completed successfully I'll go back and re-plan the original request and hopefully perform it.

What I'm trying to do is obviously a green thread. (e.g. works but maybe not pretty ... yet)
The workflow probably need work as well as many of the implementation details however at this point I'd really like to see something that at least sort of works before getting more fancy.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Henrik Lindberg ---01/14/2009 07:09:18 PM---Hi Simon, you can add me directly with a CC in bugzilla oHenrik Lindberg ---01/14/2009 07:09:18 PM---Hi Simon, you can add me directly with a CC in bugzilla on issues you think are of interest in this area if you like. 2) create

Henrik Lindberg <henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/14/2009 07:09 PM

Re: [p2-dev] approaches to Install Handlers

Hi Simon, you can add me directly with a CC in bugzilla on issues you think are of interest in this area if you like. Do you mean the "action capability"?