Re: [p2-dev] Re: [ecf-dev] ECF for Platform 3.4.2

Hi Pascal,

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

Playing devil's advocate here, I would actually argue the reverse. Bug 258680 got introduced because of 237936 (support that got added in 2.1) and went unnoticed for a while because there was no test for it (neither ECF nor p2 had and has one), so in fact one could argue that we only found one problem and others are lurking so we should shy away from 2.1 because it has code that we don't really benefit from.

I think the community and foundation IT benefit from it (because of reduced bandwidth needs). RE: found one problem and others lurking...given the nature of the problem (rather simple but misplaced functionality...introduced into httpclient provider only...that was inappropriate for our use case, while appropriate for Mylyn's httpclient use case), I don't think this is very likely. But if others want to review the code...I welcome the review [1].

The only thing in favour of 2.1 would be the change for 249990 that Scott mentioned got fixed and caused problems to some community members.

Yes...but I don't agree with the 'only thing' part :).

Scott

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.ecf/providers/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer/src/org/eclipse/ecf/provider/filetransfer/retrieve/UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.java?view=log&root=RT_Project&pathrev=Release_2_0

Back to the top