[p2-dev] How to generate the launcher executable

Title: How to generate the launcher executable
I am having great success using P2. I am able to use the installer to install the SDK, I can use the metadata generator to generate metadata for all my osgi bundles, I can use the director to install a customized platform.

What I cannot seem to get it to do is generate the launcher executable for the platform. I have a small set of bundles that makes a running osgi configuration when launched using just a java command with the console. I can see everything is installed and active and working well. There are only about 15 bundles in total. I have managed to get p2 to completely install this for me with all required bundles and it starts normally using a java command. Now I would like to have p2 create the platform executable (eclipse.exe on win32 or eclipse.app on macosx, etc). I suppose I just need to add some IU the the repository and have my root IU reference it, but I am not sure what to add. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or correct my assumption on what I need?

Best Regards,

Don Laidlaw | Sr. Research Engineer |
Infor | office: 902-576-5185 | mobile: 902-401-6771 | don.laidlaw@xxxxxxxxx

Back to the top