[p2-dev] Generating metadata from a set of bundles.

Hi!

I've been trying for a while to use the metadata generator
application, as described in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Metadata_Generator, and apply it to
a directory full of bundles. Mind you these are not eclipse plugins,
just pure OSGi bundles, and they're not collected in features. I was
under the impression that this should work, however the metadata
generator just says:

Generating metadata for e:\scratch\bundles.
Generation completed with success [0 seconds].

It does produce repositories, however the content.xml contains only an
a.jre-IU and that's it. I've tried using -source and -bundles applied
both to directories and files, but always the same result (except when
I leave out -source, I get Generating metadata for null, so I'm
guessing that one is required).

I've used eclipse 3.4 and 3.4.1 with same results.

Any ideas? Or is this simply not possible without features?

Greetings,
Fredrik.

Back to the top