Re: [p2-dev] executing touchpoint instructions inside an application

No, there is no API to do this, and it's not something we'd want to allow people to do outside of the context of an install operation. Any change to the system configuration should be done via provisioning operations, so that they can be rolled back, etc.

John

"Andrew Eisenberg" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2008 11:56 AM

Please respond to
andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[p2-dev] executing touchpoint instructions inside an application

I would like my application to have the capability to execute some
touchpoint instructions (more specifically, to add or remove an OSGi
hook adaptor through user preferences).  I already know how to do this
on install and uninstall.

Is there an API to do this from within the program?

thanks,
--andrew