[p2-dev] RE: Equinox p2 Webapp QuickStart

Hi Folks,

Apologies is you got my previous, incomplete email.  I accidentally hit send!?!

Anyway, what I was trying to say was...

I'm trying to create a new p2 profile from scratch (in code) that will be sufficient enough to support further provisioning operations through a custom UI.

Because this creation is happening on a running system (during startup) I am attempting to do this by:-

- creating and registering a metadata and artifact repository to eventually hold the local plugins
- generating a set of IUs by introspecting the features and plugins folders, adding JRE IUs and default config IUs
- creatingnew, empty profile
- executing a provisioning plan created from a profile change request (that includes the above created bundle set)

However, problems occur during creation of the provisioning plan and as I've not really looked into this area much - just treated it as a black box thus far.  The actual warnings/errors I get back from the planner are:-

Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 Problems resolving provisioning plan. null children=[Status WARNING: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 Unable to satisfy dependency from 1228149811886 0.0.0.1228149811886 to requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/self.org.eclipse.update.feature.default/[1.0.0,1.0.0]. null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 No solution found because of a trivial contradiction in C:\DOCUME~1\warrep\LOCALS~1\Temp\p2Encoding4643.opb. null]

So what I am after is confirmation that the above flow is correct.  Am I missing anything?  Let me know if I need more information and I will supply it.

And also any help with the actual p2 warnings/errorss would be gratefully appreciated.  What is '1228149811886 0.0.0.1228149811886 '?  What is a trivial contraditcion?  How do I resolve it?  Maybe I am missing some fundamental IU or something like that?

Many thanks,
_Paul