[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Re: Encountered several problems with self-provisioning RCP application
- From: "Frank Du" <du.qixing@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:21:19 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=vRDL9P7uBH99SNZ83aFW0aGtoGmDFFAM1kYi8Q1u1RDxGSXLgYEecwfKwRb8obsBWY h+t3RyzhheerF1V57WsWjpK+PSsZh/ykENVypkj8bSN0rAIAX9IWHe+apZswaa1aXxUn Muj0Vpmatrcw8yIZ1m61oVvuPXdFPflMRZMPE=
Well, I went back to a previous reply by Susan at http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg00447.html. After carefully review it, I imported org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk as Source Project, and added it to launcher. Then debug the code, and found that the error message is caused by a null profile Id at:
line: profileId = ProvSDKUIActivator.getSelfProfileId();
The variable profileId is null. So I fake one 'p2-maildemo-profile', lol...
Now the "Software Updates and Add-ons" dialog can show up. However, the Installed Software list is empty. I added the local repository. Tried to do the update. Another error message appeared, claiming: Profile id p2-maildemo-profile is not registered. The complaint is fair enough, since I faked it.
Now my question changes to: Where could I find all the registered profile ids? Or how could I register one for my RCP application? Thanks so much in adavance!
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Frank Du <du.qixing@xxxxxxxxx>
I am exploring self-provisioning RCP application. I followed the steps in Kai's blog, and encountered several problems. Please help to check how I could make it works:
1. At step 7, when I click Help -> Software Update menu, it says 'Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates.' It happens when being launched from eclipse. Nothing happens with an exported build. Is there any configuration that I missed? How to configure it?
2. At step 11, I can't do it since Software Update menu does not work.
3. Then I clicked the menu Help -> About RCP Product -> Plug-in Details. In the plug-in list, the RCP is updated to new version 1.0.1. However, its icon is broken. Does it mean that the update is broken?
Thanks so much for the help in advance! Have a nice day!