Re: [p2-dev] software update in an RCP application - revert configuration failure

You can end up unable to revert if the metadata for the profile you're trying to rollback to is no longer available. That said, your situation looks different so it would be good to log a bug with some steps to reproduce.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for Edoardo Comar ---10/30/2008 10:47:47 AM---Hi in our p2-enabled RCP applicationEdoardo Comar ---10/30/2008 10:47:47 AM---Hi in our p2-enabled RCP application

Edoardo Comar <ECOMAR@xxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/30/2008 10:47 AM

[p2-dev] software update in an RCP application - revert configuration failure

Hi in our p2-enabled RCP application
we can install/uninstall features but any time we attempt to use the Revert Configuration dialog, an error pops up :

he configuration snapshot is no longer valid.
Problems resolving provisioning plan.
No solution found because the problem in /tmp/p2Encoding35819.opb is unsatisfiable.

this for every entry in the history.
Could this be a bug or something we are doing wrong in p2-enabling the RCp application ?

regards,
Edoardo Comar
IBM United Kingdom Ltd.
ecomar@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel +44 (0)1962 81 5576 (external) 245576 (internal)
www.ibm.com/cics/explorer

Unless stated otherwise above: