[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Any suggestions on this p2 provisioning case?
I am trying to figure out how to best use p2 to provision the following:
- An Eclipse IDE.
- Two RCP apps that have about 50% in common with each-other, and uses
a handful of bundles also used in the Eclipse IDE.
- A run-time database executable (non Equinox/Eclipse based) that is
used by the two RCP apps.
I want the user to be able to install everything in one operation.
I want to have as much as possible shared (I don't mind duplication of
meta data, but I want artifacts (at least) to be shared).
I want to cater to my users and have IUs for the configurations:
1) developers = Eclipse + both RCP apps + runtime
2) super users = both RCP apps + runtime
3) users of A = RCP app A
4) users of B = RCP app B
I am prepared to write my own installer based on p2.
- Can I have more than one RCP app installed into a profile?
- Can I have RCP apps in the same profile as Eclipse SDK?
- Can I organize profiles in a hierarchy? (Have seen something about
this earlier I think, but not sure it is in use).
High level suggestions on how to best organize profile registries,
profiles and install locations for rational handling of the above are