Re: [p2-dev] Initializer, 3.4.0 -> 3.4.1, and RPM upgrade failure

Hi Tom,

* Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> [2008-10-10 17:13]:

> Where is the error log [1]? Did you forget to attach it?

Sorry, I forgot to attach it.  I've put the logs here:

first startup with 3.4.0:
http://overholt.fedorapeople.org/firststartup-340.log

second startup with 3.4.0:
http://overholt.fedorapeople.org/secondstartup-340.log

first startup with 3.4.1:
http://overholt.fedorapeople.org/firststartup-341.log

> When launching the upgraded 3.4.1 do you get files written to the
> users .eclipse/configuration directory (e.g .bundledata, .state etc.)?

Looking at timestamps, it looks like .bundledata, .lazy, and .state
don't get touched, but the .manager directory (not contents) does get
touched.

> When upgrading does the shared read-only location get cleaned out and do you
> run the Equinox Initializer application again to reextract the .so files again?

Yes.  SWT's bundle # remains at 98, FWIW.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew

Back to the top