Re: [p2-dev] Can an installation change the config.ini file?

Hi all,

Apologies for reposting this, but there has been no answer so far.
Can someone point me to where I can get more information on how to
update the config.ini on an install?  Tests, code, or documentation
would be very helpful.

thanks,
--a

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there some tests out there that I can look at that do something
> like what I want to do?
>
> I read the wiki page you suggested, but it's not very specific on how
> to add the kind of information that I want to config.ini.
>
> thanks.
> --a
>
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
>>
>> I am looking to turn on equinox aspects when my plugin is downloaded.
>> So, the following lines need to be added:
>>
>> osgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook
>> org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=META-INF/aop.xml
>>
>> And I need to add the following two bundles to osgi.bundles.
>> org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj@2\:start,org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.caching@2\:start
>>
>> I think that's it, but I am still testing and this may change slightly.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Pascal Rapicault
>> <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This is possible. However what to add in the metadata will depend on what
>>> you want to achieve. What are you trying to do?
>>> You may also want to look at:
>>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Touchpoint_Instructions
>>>
>>> "Andrew Eisenberg" ---08/10/2008 01:00:42 AM---Is it possible for the
>>> installation of a feature or plugin to make changes to the config.ini file?
>>>

>>> From:
>>> "Andrew Eisenberg" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> To:
>>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx