[p2-dev] Galileo Engine Work

I've added a wiki page dealing with some of the work in the Engine we're doing for Galileo ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Engine/Galileo ).

Currently the page highlights three of the areas where I'm most interested in making progress this release:
1) Greater flexibility around touchpoints and action
2) Authoring and validation metadata for actions, phases, and touchpoints
3) Install handler like mechanisms
What I've posted on the wiki is really a set of preliminary thoughts and hopefully enough to give some ideas and elicit feedback and questions.

There is also some early prototype work in a branch (engine_changes_3_5) that so far shows a re-casting of the touchpoint and action relationship using a new actions extension. In particular this might be interesting to look at for anyone interested in writing custom actions.

-Simon

Back to the top