[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Fwd: [pde-dev] Why does "permissions.properties" file does not work anymore in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede?
- From: "Chris Aniszczyk" <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:27:59 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=OIztyjDh5iqEIjZQDCVn40CjHlhYP+0xTvCiMy2kDemXaf+ZJfrA6AtwLCABhMhKvT 7tlAdShgJBApCpPoc+l/hAenrTeQNe+wtCqeC5VXKsq4/SGs9FGdqNnsqExThOBg0N+f 0g8pJmx5gDs3HUStcu7pcHif1CW5gTZRYXTeI=
This seems to be right for the p2-dev mailing list (should really be asked on the newsgroups).
The main issue is that Update is no longer used by default in 3.4, p2 is used. Update supported this case, p2 doesn't I believe.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pde-dev] Why does "permissions.properties" file does not work anymore in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede?
I am trying to deliver with my plugin some executables (in an OS
dependant plugin fragment). After plug-in installation the executables
do not have the executable bit set, therefore one has to change
In Eclipse 3.3 we had two solutions for this:
1. Use a permission.properties in the fragment where the executables were with the following content:
permissions.executable=<the list of executable files (only one in our case)>
2. Provide a custom installation handler to the feature and change the
permissions of the executable in the completeConfigure() handler
Both solutions worked fine with 3.3 but in the Eclipse Ganymede (3.4)
version, none works anymore. Has anyone some more experience on this?
How can we make it run also on 3.4?
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
MCSA, MCDBA, MCAD
pde-dev mailing list
~ Chris Aniszczyk