From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daffin, Miles (IT)
Sent: 02 October 2008 19:57
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: [p2-dev] Update to 3.4.1 overwrites repository settings

Hi All,

I have just mirrored http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.4 so that I can provide the September service release update to my users. I did a test update on my own install from the mirror, which is in a staging area. This worked fine. However, I noticed that my list sites in the p2 update manager had been replaced. Instead of my internal sites I now have just the external Eclipse and Ganymede sites.

I will not be able to release 3.4.1 internally until I have resolved this problem. I need to make sure that users only see the list of sites that they are allowed to access - those within the corporate firewall. Can anyone suggest a way of preventing the update from overwriting the repository settings?

Thanks,

Miles

Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5119
Fax: +44 20 7056-4572
Miles.Daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx