Re: [p2-dev] Next week is test authoring week

We've made some progress already in 3.5 with 325 tests today from 276 tests in 3.4 (excluding to-be-released publisher tests).  One tool to help identify areas needing more testing is eclemma. It only takes a few minutes to install and instrument tests for running with eclemma. Here is a snapshot of the test coverage as of today:

http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/provisioning/p2-coverage-3.5m2.html

Of course a coverage tool only tells you that the code executed, not that it produced a correct result. Still, we can't be testing correctness of code that's not being run at all in our tests, so this coverage information is useful data.

John

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/12/2008 04:00 PM

Please respond to

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[p2-dev] Next week is test authoring week

One of our 3.5 theme is robustness. As a team we will be taking next week to focus on writing unit tests.
Please join us in this effort to make p2 more dependable.

PaScaL