Re: [p2-dev] why is it not enough to just listen for removed files

The DirectoryWatcher does not track file deletions between runs. e.g. "scannedFiles" is computed based on the current run and is not persisted.
The RepositoryListener on the other-hand does perists ius/artifact descriptors between runs so needs to verify everything in its repo is polled/on disk.

I'm a bit undecided if it's better to track persistence in a listener or in a specialized directory watcher but for now we're doing it in a listener. We could factor that out to a common listener super class fairly easily.
-Simon