Re: [p2-dev] instances/examples for server-side install?

Could you add something simple like a flag in the UI to differentiate between:

"Add new plugins to existing target folder (replace any existing,
updated plugins with newer; keep other unaffected files; merge new
content into existing artifacts.xml)"
vs.
"Replace existing target folder if exists with new plugins (delete
existing folder and start fresh)"

Admittedly, the text above is too verbose for a simple UI flag, but
you get the idea. Perhaps we need a short flag ("merge into existing
target" vs. "replace existing target") and a tooltip w/ description
explanation?

The benefit, naturally, would be that the user could chose whether to
do an additive or destructive install, and know immediately what to
expect when done.

Nick

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Jeff McAffer <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick pointed out some issues he has had.  I could believe that they were/are
> problems but we should address them with the reorg of the
> director/installer/ProvisioningHelper so that this function is available to
> install anything into anything (new, old, product, add-on, ...)
>
> Jeff

Back to the top