[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] Problems using p2 and p2 installer
You may want to check Kai's blog http://toedter.com/blog/?p=27
"Alexey Zlobin" ---27/08/2008 05:00:28 AM---Hi.
"Alexey Zlobin" <alexey.zlobin@xxxxxxxxx>
27/08/2008 05:00 AM
[p2-dev] Problems using p2 and p2 installer
I try to create demo application about using eclipse software update and upgrade capabilities.
Now i have following problems:
1. When i export my product and try to install it from generated repo, p2-installer fails with no error messages or records in log.
2. If i start exported product(after editing config.ini and adding p2 profile manually), add repo with additional feature and install her i have unsatisfied dependency from org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.core.runtime/0.0.0 and osgi.bundle/org.eclipse.core.runtime/0.0.0. Possibly its bug in pde-export?
3. If i edit metadata in repo, replace 0.0.0 to 3.4.0 in dependencies p2 anyway reports error, like he not see already installed plugins.
4. If i add eclipse update site, p2 say "No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.4".
5. And finally, if add product repo, mark product feature to install, p2 started installation... and fails with message: "An error occurred while collecting items to be installed The required Touchpoint: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.native 1.0.0 touchpoint was not found".
Can anyone help?
p2-dev mailing list