From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daffin, Miles (IT)
Sent: 28 July 2008 12:26
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: [p2-dev] RE: Installing eclipse from the command line

I should add that I have tried using the P2 director app as described here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_director_application#Installing_a_complete_product

All I end up with is a p2 folder with 4 subdirectories containing various bit of metadata:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository

I was expecting a complete, runnable eclipse install. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Miles

Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5119
Fax: +44 20 7056-4572
Miles.Daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx