[p2-dev] The configurator and drive letters

The Buckminster headless installer is still relying on the old org.eclipse.update functionality when it installs features (subject to change of course). Lately we discovered a strange error. On a windows machine, although the installation succeeds, the plug-ins that were installed will only be recognized by the runtime if the installation is done on drive C:. If we install to any other drive, the new plug-ins will not start. If I add them manually to the configuration/config.ini, the run just fine.

I suspect this is a bug in the org.eclipse.update.configurator but until we find some time to actually move all of the code over to p2, we need to fix this problem somehow and I would like some advice. What's the quickest way to make this work?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top