[p2-dev] version tags in 3.4 maintenance branch

Hi, everyone...

I was getting ready to tag a UI change in the maintenance branch and I noticed two different styles of tags for p2 changes in the maintenance branch:
R34x_v20080709
and
v20080722

When we last had a tag discussion in eclipse-dev, Boris proposed the optional maintenance branch after the date/time, and John suggested putting it before, and in general it was pretty late in the 3.4 cycle to change the standards.

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-dev/msg08075.html

But now it seems we should at least standardize within p2 on what to do?

susan

Back to the top