[osee-dev] OSEE Artifact Type visibility issues

At one point, OSEE used to define artifact types on a per branch basis.
This would limit the artifact types that were visible to the user when
they would right-click in Artifact Explorer to create a new artifact
type instance. At some point, it was decided that it was wasteful to
duplicate type definitions everytime a new branch was created.
Therefore, types were no longer on a per branch basis. All type
definitions were visible to all branches.

I would like to tackle this problem and see if we can come up with a
solution where type visibility is limited to certain branches and the
system enforces these "visibility rules".

Use cases:
	a. Project A developing on branch X defines types that only
apply to its project.
	    Project B developing on branch Y does not want to be able to
create types defined for project A or even know that project A types
exist.

	b. Project A defines type X that inherits from a global artifact
base type Y.
	    Project B defines type Z that inherits from the same global
artifact base type Y.
	    When a user from either project right-click to try to create
a new artifact instance, they are faced with having to select from
artifact types X, Y, Z.
	   The system should limit artifact type X to project A, Z to
project B and Y should not be visible.

Any suggestions?

Back to the top