[ormf-dev] Re: a couple of questions

Wolfgang,

Thank you for this, it is certainly a wake up call for what Barbara and I have NOT yet got across to the team. We now need to rectify some of this deficiency.

I am not going to reply to your queries point by point today; in fact I am not sure yet how much value there is in a point by point reply in general. I want to ponder this a consider what is the best way to start setting this straight.

What I do want to assure you is that B. and I have put a great deal of thought and effort into the domain model while developing Useme. The problem is that much of is only documented in our minds and embodied in the code. Not the easiest way to transfer knowledge :-)

Barbara is, as I hope everyone realises, working on a new domain model. This will be documented, reviewed, critiqued and evolved over the next couple of months. The reason we are also talking technical is because we have a legacy implementation (Useme) that does represent (at the GUI level) many of the concepts that we are hoping to part of the framework. It was our opinion that there is "marketing" value in having this be available as early as possible in order to garner community interest and support.

Would you like to work with B. on the early versions of the domain model?

Cheers,
Joel