Re: [ormf-dev] Refactoring of org.eclipse.ormf.server.base

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
Hi,

I am working on the migration to OSGi. Presently org.eclipse.ormf.server.base has a non standard structure which is a legacy of how we organised Useme. I am thinking along the lines of abandoning the project (it is not even a plug-in) and creating several new projects for the OSGi bundles that we represent the
server. Here is the layout I am considering:

    org.eclipse.ormf.server.base.common

    org.eclipse.ormf.server.base.services

    org.eclipse.ormf.server.base.persistance

    org.eclipse.ormf.server.base.publisher (or possibly reporting?)

reporting seems a better recognized term.

    org.eclipse.ormf.server.base.xxx (as required)

Thoughts?

I haven't checked how close the packages are coupled. From my experience putting packages in different plug-ins supports a better decoupling (between classes). This leads to a much better maintainability. The problem here is that there is an existing code base. You have to be very careful where to move packages or you will end up with a load of "buddy class loading" or non-intuitive factories and interfaces.

From the naming of the packages I guess that "common" is the base, "persistance" depends on "common" and that "services" and "publisher" are based on "persistance" and "common". This would work well. If part of the business logic is in the "persistance" and/or "common" package things won't work out this easily.

Achim

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Achim L=C3=B6rke
n;quoted-printable:L=C3=B6rke;Achim
org:Bredex GmbH
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mauernstra=C3=9Fe 33;Braunschweig;;38100;Germany
email;internet:Achim.Loerke@xxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+49 (531) 24330-0
tel;fax:+49 (531) 24330-99
x-mozilla-html:TRUE