Re: [ormf-dev] Re: Testing in ORMF Eclipse Project

Please see inline ...

On 30 Sep 2008, at 16:12, Flavelle Ballem wrote:

Fighting windmills is fun. In the Canadian spirit of compromise, may I
suggest that we use what we want on documentation intended for the team and within the project? That will allow British, American, Canadian, ... spellings and usage without too much fuss. I will try hard not to cringe
too much on 'amongst' and 'whilst'. :-)

For external documentation, such as user manuals, we should probably use
American spelling, since I think that's what most external users are
used to. Having said that, if we determine that our primary market for
users is in Europe, then British spelling should probably be used.

Spell checkers will help to keep us true to standard.

Sounds fine by me. We can make the decision as to using British or American in the (near) future. At the moment everything that B. is turning out is British so it may well be simplest to stick with it.

From the other thread of messages, I gather that you would like me to
start to identify potential outputs from the ORMF tools rather than
testing.

Correct. If you have the bandwidth to also do some testing along the way, by all means do.

That's fine, and I'll start to put things together over the next few
days. Starting points for me will probably be the IEEE standards for
software specifications, as well as anything that I can find through the
IIBA and OMG sites. One of the weak areas in these standards are the
working outputs, such as impact analysis. If you or anyone else have
suggestions on where to mine for standards regarding output, I would be
most grateful. I'd like to feed the results through you initially to
make sure that I am delivering to the ask.

Yes. Please do. Email to B. and CC to me as well, she fact will be the one to pay the most attention to the details in this regard.

Also there are two threads on the OMRF newsgroup "The importance of standards" and "More comments on Stanards" that have pertinent comments.

The document should be Word Format, PDF, or OpenOffice - your choice. I
will have to remember to format for A4 paper - we use 8-1/2x11 over
here.

PDF please. We should open up a set of related Bugzilla to mange these. B. can you please organise a structure and Flavelle can create as required. You can then attach to the Bugzilla when you are ready for open comments on a document.

Cheers,
Joel

Regards,
Flavelle