Re: [ormf-dev] Re: Testing in ORMF Eclipse Project

Flavelle,

For my part, I am quite happy with whichever way you feel you want to contribute to ORMF. However I would just like to point out that the fact that you have a learning curve on tasks is not a sufficient reason for not being a committer (hmm, too many negatives here perhaps... :-). I think declaring oneself a committer essentially means being sold on what the project is trying to accomplish and being willing to devote a self declared X amount of time to the project. What is achievable in that time X has then to be taken into consideration when planning work, depending upon the learning curve required for the specific task assigned on a case by case basis.

So I think that on both counts (i.e. being sold on ORMF and being willing to devote a given amount of time to it) you have already stood up and declared yourself. By all means, choose to act in whichever role feels most comfortable to you, but I personally think you would be a perfect candidate for a committer.

Just my two pence,

B.