[ormf-dev] Re: Another way to contribute

Hi,

That's very good.

The timeframe is driven by the model creation deliverable of Iteration 1 which starts tomorrow and is seven weeks long. The aim is to have sufficient information, say in four weeks, to be able to begin testing the model against its ability to satisfy supporting each of the candidate Requirement standards. The first step would be to do a general survey of the industry to determine which standards we may want to target support for. This would take the form of a list of standards, a short description of its focus, intent, purpose, etc., and a list of (with pro forma examples where possible) of the documentation that is generally produced by the practitioners of the standard. From this list the team will select the candidate standards. For these we may have to research more detailed information on what is required for ORMF to support it. Using the information gathered the model that is being created for ORMF will be tested to prove that it is possible to support each standard. If it cannot then we will have to decide if we refine the model or forego support for that standard.

At the end of the iteration we will have a set up documents for the standards that we have chosen to support to assist us in further development, we will have a high degree of confidence in our ability to support them, and hopefully we will have started creating a relationship with the owners of the standards to solicit their participation in our support for the standard.

In my opinion, if you have to make a choice, this work is of greater importance to ORMF at the moment than your contribution to the testing.

Cheers,
Joel