Re: [ormf-dev] What else do we want to do

Hi Flavelle.

Apologies for the delay in this reply.

Yes, Joel and I have been giving a lot of thought about other requirements types, as well as traceability. A good deal of the current architecture was designed with generalisation to various types of requirements in mind. However, as we have pointed out in other threads, the move to join Eclipse and propose ORMF means that more flexibility and, above all, capacity for extension by third parties is required, and those are the reasons why we think the rework of the core components we are embarking upon is needed.

Although thinking about other types of requirements is very important, Joel and I think that the first and foremost step is to solidify our vision for the core and THEN use other types of requirements as a tool to verify whether or not our core is sufficiently generic and extensible. So the discussion around other types of requirements and their specifications could start at that point.

Let me know if any of this is still not clear.

Thanks and regards,
B.