Re: [ormf-dev] The beginning of a plan

Hi Barbara,

good work for a starting point ;-).
One minor note on the spreadsheet:
On the Technologies sheet, you can add marks for me on the XML and EMF columns as well. What is "p2" meant to be? On the Skills sheet, you can add me to "Code Reviews" and "Automated testing/code validation" . This does in no way imply that I insist on being responsible for any of those subjects, I just feel able to offer help on these topics, if requested.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Barbara Rosi-Schwartz schrieb:
Hi,

We have taken the inputs that everyone provided regarding time commitments and skill sets, added in most of what we assume to be the general direction the project is likely to go, and come up with a set of spreadsheets to begin an analysis of what is possible. Wow, that sentence was beginning to get Joyce'ish and I guess Harm will be considering carefully if it parses or not ;-)

Looking at these please do understand that we have made many assumptions, some of which are surely going to be wrong. But it is a starting point for us to start considering and brainstorming. Here is a real brief synopsis of each sheet with some caveats to keep in mind:

        * Commitment - this is simple totalling of the person days
          everyone said they could offer. Note that extra days that
          were marked "Eclipse Summit" have been subtracted because
          they are not available for development effort.
        * Technologies - A listing of the technologies that we assumed
          each of us had experience (or desire to pick up) to apply to
          the project.
        * Skills - This is another, somewhat orthogonal, way of
          considering what we have to bring to the project.
        * Work components - a listing of all of the "big picture" work
          that we think we should be considering and the
          technology/skills that need to be applied.
        * Roles and Responsibilities - again the components that are
          under consideration, but this time against the people who
          are best placed to tackle them. This of course is based on
          the technologies and skills. The columns are read:
              o Primary - a single person who takes on the lead
                responsibility. This person may do a lot of the work
                or just manage; each case will vary.
              o Secondary - one or more people who are steadily
                involved in the solution.
              o Tertiary - one or more people who can assist as time
                and need requires.

    Note that in Roles and Responsibilities the matrix presents
    everyone who could fill the slot, not necessarily who will.

When looking this over please correct information that you think is wrong for either yourself or for the team. Try and get us the information back in a form that is easy for us to merge back into the spreadsheets so that we can maintain them. Especially if you feel that we marked you for anything that you do not feel you are right for let us know. Likewise if we missed things that you could be contributing let us know.

Of course the point behind all of this is to formulate a plan. So we also have to consider the components we have laid out. If you feel we have got anything wrong bring it up for conversation.

Any question please shout.

We are very much looking forward to the conversation.

Ciao,
B. and Joel

=

=